Friday, April 22, 2016

Ancestry.com's Commercial on Puerto Rican Ancestry

Sometime ago I got in touch with a nice lady through a distant cousin of mine. This lady is named Teresa. Along with this distant cousin, she was helpful in answering some research questions for me. Later on I found out Teresa is also the writer of a family history blog that I follow. The link to her blog is here. Teresa is a great writer & offers wonderful tips on how she's broken down some of the walls to her own family research. 

I found out later we were linked by comparing DNA tests & family tree info. We are linked on my LaJara line, on my paternal side. 

Recently, Ancestry.com featured Teresa in a commercial. I believe it's the first commercial or public media type recording they've done on someone with Puerto Rican ancestry. It's so well done. I only wish it was longer & more like an episode of "Who do you think you are?".

1 comment: